If you want to refresh the look of your bathroom, make it more convenient and functional, it’s time to consider bathroom remodeling. There’s no need of drastic measures – even minor repair and refinishing can make a night-and-day difference before and after. Let’s find out how to perform the remodeling process wisely, and what the mistakes to avoid are.
Before we discuss what to do, let’s mention what should NOT be done.
5 common mistakes to avoid
How to perform remodeling smartly? Here are five useful pieces of advice.
- One of the most common mistakes is striving to fit in as much as possible in a tiny 6×7 or 6×6 room. When you plan small bathroom remodel, you need to sacrifice some commodities or your own convenience. If it’s impossible to place a washing machine, bathtub, closet, and the flush toilet altogether – leave must-have objects only.
- Decided to search for “stores near me” to buy materials and other stuff. Don’t hurry! There’s a possibility to purchase all you need for cheap, if you monitor the websites and compare prices in detail.
- DIY design plan is great, but there’s always a possibility of miscalculation with financing, wrong dimension measures, etc. If you want to project to look professional, specialist’s recommendations won’t hurt.
- When performing cost estimate, some people forget about small but important details, such as a mixer tap, waterproof cover, storage systems, etc. It’s a widespread mistake for dummies. To plan the budget more precisely, make a checklist PDF and include everything starting from building materials and finishing by accessories and labor costs.
- Why wasting time on strolling through showrooms when you can find ideas 2018 and trends 2018 in magazines and websites? It’s better to start searching for examples on photos online and in printed editions. Dreaming of a vintage style bathroom? Need 1/2 bath remodeling ideas? Find them online, and only then search for “showrooms near me” to see how it all looks in real life. While you’re searching for inspiration, check the price range of furniture and utilities.
One more useful recommendation is minding the safety: make sure that the electricity sockets are protected against moisture, and the floor isn’t slippery (it’s particularly important for the elderly and kids).
How to remodel your bathroom in La Riviera, Sacramento area, CA?
Where to start? Remodeling steps depend on the final results you need. If you just want to change the design, it’s enough to change tiling on the walls and the floor. Old bathrooms require replacing of the bathtub, installation of a shower cabin, furniture and vanities.
Besides, serious renovation can also include building of new walls or demolishing old ones, piping replanning, and even uniting of bathroom with other rooms. Everything depends on your ideas, cost of supplies, materials and tools, as well as labor quotes.
As we have mentioned, remodeling for beginners starts with checking trends and ideas 2019. Ideas pictures, online gallery, and showrooms are perfect sources of inspiration. When you find suitable stuff, calculate the overall cost of repair. How much building materials do you need? Use an app that estimates the required amount of materials, or visit a building website.
As soon as you decide upon the scope of objects to buy and work to do, get down to business!
- Get rid of old objects, tiles, and other finishing materials. Hire a handyman to accelerate the process, and it won’t get more than a day.
- Start repair with finishing. Take care of the piping plan, walls, ceiling and floor before installing a bathtub and flush toilet.
- Assemble and install furniture and other large objects. Make sure that you have enough space for storage and unrestricted movement. It’s easy when you repair a 8 x 8 bathroom, but 5′ x 8′ and smaller rooms require a smart approach.
- Put kits, cosmetics and cleaning agents on their places. Make sure that you have enough space for storage.
- Accessories and decor stuff comes last.
At the first glance, it seems to be simple. “What problems can occur when I renovate a tiny 6′ x 8′ room?” – can you ask. However, at some point of work, you may have a few questions to ask a contractor.
Why hire bathroom remodeling contractor in La Riviera, Sacramento area, CA?
Building companies are irreplaceable when you need professional help and expertise. A+ Construction is one of the most well-established contractors in Sacramento area. Besides, we work with clients from NYC, New Orleans, Utica NY, Pinellas County, Quad Cities, and other regions.
Why do clients trust bathroom remodeling to us?
- We develop unique design projects and approach every client individually. Customers simply provide us with keywords and descriptions of ideal bathroom, and we do the rest. The final design proposal totally complies with your requirements and wishes. Our designers know all about ideas 2019 and can provide you with a detailed 3D design layout for better insight.
The vast majority of questions concern the cost of remodeling. To ease the task for our clients, we provide a bathroom remodel quote sample and perform free estimates.
Our specialists know how to save on purchases. They help customers to find stores with discounts and special offers, and can tell you where to find the desired interior objects.
A+ Construction provides the full cycle of services starting with designing and finishing by repair works and installation of utilities.
Ideas for seniors? Installation of a hot tub in 5 x 10 room? Unique design solution? We are ready to handle any task!
Instead of searching for builders near me, I contacted A+ Construction as my friend recommended. They provided me with a convenient bathroom remodel questionnaire and after discussing it, came up with 9x9 ideas. Their jobs were very useful – the team has remodeled the room from the scratch and I was totally satisfied with the results. Thank you so much!
wondered how much the bathroom remodeling would cost – thought it’s expensive. However, after looking and the estimate template provided by A+ Construction, I changed my mind and started the repair works right away. The company developed a design plan with detailed job description. Together, we managed to finish repair within one week. That’s much faster than when you have to work alone. I’m absolutely astonished by the results and recommend this company to my friends
Get Extra 5% OFF When You Request Online
Almost there! Finish the form and get an
extra 5% off your next project!