Small bathroom renovations – best ideas and useful tips
Small bathroom can be functional if you use all the space properly. Before starting any renovation works it is important to think over the plan of your future actions to make your bathroom more comfortable.
Useful tips for small bathroom renovation
The first step for any renovation works is considering the layout:
- make all the necessary measurements of the room;
- think carefully what exactly do you want to have in your bathroom;
- make a layout scale of our bathroom on the paper and all items that will be in your future bathroom, thus, you will be able to rearrange them in different ways until you get the most appropriate result;
- count how many materials you need, including bathroom equipment and all hardware and accessories, and study prices in various shops;
- decide who will carry out all necessary work – you or hired professional.
In order to get the bathroom you really dream of it is better to trust all design and installation works to specialists.
A+ Construction Pro has long been known in the sphere of house improvement. Our highly-skilled professionals will do any renovations works in accordance with your requirements and wishes.
Ideas for small bathroom remodeling
The main thing in remodeling of a small bathroom is to make any place functional, even any design elements.
There are some ideas to organize the storage space correctly:
- abandon large cabinets in favor of open shelves for storing all necessary accessories for bathroom. Colored towels and other items will make the room bright and original;
- use special containers for storage that will be functional and original décor items;
- all shelves and boxes can be installed at different heights to increase the amount of storage space;
- use as more fixture pieces of furniture as possible:
- choose the sink with skirts. The allow hiding all cleaning products and other things;
- avoid not functional decorations.
Another important moment is to choose the right color scheme that allow expanding the space in small bathroom:
- neutral pastel colors make the room more comfortable and soothing. They also make the room visually larger;
- ornaments and patterns on the walls and floor should be in light neutral shades;
- white is one of the best choices for small bathroom;
- set bright accents by colored towels or various accessories but do not overdo.
Colors if chosen correctly can transform even a small room and visually increase its size.
Materials for bathroom renovation
Today there is a wide choice of materials that are relevant for small bathroom renovations.
The most popular of them are:
- polished marble and porcelain – reflect light and increase the size of the bathroom. It is better to use marble with gentle ornaments for flooring;
- if you use tile then try to choose the same color for walls and floor. It creates illusion of a big space;
- another material ideal for small bathroom is glass. Use mirrors, glass tiles, shelves and cabinet doors to reflect more light and increase the space.
Try not to use too many textured materials, they narrow the space and small bathroom looks even smaller.
Important aspects of lighting
Lighting is also very important. In small bathrooms it is better to use wall lamps on both sides of the mirrors together with traditional ceiling light. Just remember the more light you use in the room the bigger and spacious it seems.
If you plan to remodel a small bathroom study all the experts’ advice and think over all details. The best way is to seek help from professionals. A+ Construction Pro offers its services in Sacramento CA. We guarantee high quality of our work thanks to great experience of our specialists and conscientious attitude to work. We deal with renovation works of any complexity and help people to improve their home’s look.