Remodeling restores the story of your house for your descendants!
If you’re new in Sacramento, California, you might be an owner of a new or old real-estate property. Are you looking for fresh and reasonable ideas to remodel your new home? Do you want it to be cost-effective? Of course, the best way to deal with the remodeling is to hire an experienced and trustworthy contractor who already knows everything about the local climate, prices, and trends. Nevertheless, if you’re planning to do the most of the renovation project on your own, we’re ready to help you out with handy tips.
Stick to the following strategies:
- Forget about the little trifles. Dreaming about new curtains, carpets, or chandeliers is impractical. You should start with the basics — windows, doors, walls, electricity, and plumbing. If you find all of these things satisfying, think about the color scheme. Pay for a consultation with a skilled designer — it won’t cost you much, and you’ll get a broad range of advice, which will simplify the process of renovation.
- Be careful about the personalization of your design. Everything depends on your plans. Are you going to spend the rest of your life in this place? Will this be a home for several generations of people living under one roof? Opt for an over-personalized project with unusual elements and unpredictable design ideas only if you plan to stay here for a long time. If not, stick to one specific style and be strict about it. Why? Because you’ll have less trouble selling a house like this in the future.
- Be careful about super trendy renovation elements. They may turn out to be not popular and quickly get dated. Pay attention to more classic solutions and dissolve them with convenient appliances and practical, useful elements.
TOP 8 Home Remodeling Trends 2019
2019 trends in home remodeling tell us that your renovation project shouldn’t look like you’ve put too much effort into it. The color palette of the most part of your home should be as neutral as it’s possible. There’s always a possibility to dissolve the warm and neutral color scheme with some boldly-colored furniture and decorative elements.
You aim to make the home look like a blank canvas ready to be covered with colorful spots and their combinations. When your wall and flooring are in the same lightweight and warm color scheme, it will be easier for you to change the style and overall atmosphere of your household. Besides, light colors make even the smallest space look larger. Home remodeling trends say that soft shades of grey, mid-toned tints of blue, and lilac undertones are the most appealing because they:
- Are universal;
- Help you arrange the furniture and decorative elements in the room;
- Visually enlarge your living space.
It’s highly recommended to add up more metallic finish elements to the interior of your home. It’s not only about insignificant decorations and metallic lining. Try to use some large objects made of metal or covered with a metallic coating. It might be pricey, but you will appreciate the result. The most popular tints of metal are:
- Matte black;
- Stainless steel;
Everything depends on your preferences. If you’re interested in the warm tints, opt for copper or brass. If you fancy colder shades, try using a more significant amount of stainless steel elements. Try using one solid furniture piece or accessory with a fully metallic coating and let it dominate in the room. Then combine it with a couple of contrasting colors. You can also experiment with the types of surfaces. It can be matte, polished, or hammered.
Using outdoor items and natural materials within your home has become especially trendy these days. Bringing these elements inside might be troublesome because they need special care and preliminary processing with different chemicals and mixtures strengthening the surface. If everything is done right, you get a reliable and long-lasting, naturally-looking element of your indoor environment. Try the following options:
- Use stone and concrete tiles in the shower. Have you ever considered using agate tiles? They’ll create an incredibly
- Bring the outside into your kitchen with the help of granite countertops. They are available in several color options. Unfortunately, it’s quite a pricey option. If you’re looking for a cheaper solution but still want to add up the natural charm to the countertops, order small or large granite tiles. They are usually cut out of the remnants of solid pieces. It will cost you less, but you will still get a chance to get your natural surface so pleasing to the eye.
- Are you interested in more lightweight solutions? One of the most expensive but stylish options is quartz. Natural quartz looks incredible: it’s partially transparent, it’s smooth, and it’s resistant to scratches. Unfortunately, the natural quartz countertop is fragile. If you drop something substantial on it, it may crack or chop large pieces of the surface. Have you ever heard about the engineered quartz? It’s manufactured synthetically out of the usual quartz combined with resin. This material is very durable, and it’s been in trends of renovation options for kitchens since 2018.
Alternative Kitchen Tools
Most homeowners prefer the appliances made of or covered with stainless steel. It’s a practical and straightforward option. But what if you try something you’ve never considered using before?
- Try black stainless steel as a new option. This choice will look incredibly stylish if you combine it with seamless kitchen cabinetry. Integrated appliances are not only stylish — they also help you arrange your cooking space and organize your basic working triangle, which includes a refrigerator, a cooker, and a sink.
- One of the must-have options for today is column refrigerators. They give a kitchen a neat and classy look. Nevertheless, this solution is not the cheapest option. You’ll have to resort to professional designer’s help not to spoil the project with the improperly taken measurements and calculations.
- Don’t forget about the advancements in technology when it comes to kitchen appliances and tools. If your financial position is sufficient, invest in an induction cooktop. It will save you from a lot of trouble in the kitchen. Appliances like these are destined to last for years and years in case if you don’t forget about proper maintenance.
- Google for the ovens with French doors and steam ovens. Combined with the smart features, it will help you deal with your cooking duties safer, faster, and healthier.
Colors in the Kitchen
The overall inner space of your home should better be framed in soft and warm colors. At the same time, adding bright spots and contrasting elements in the kitchen gets back to the trends again. Try to spice up your neutrally-looking cooking space with greens and blues. Wooden kitchen cabinetry in warm colors will perfectly combine with juicy natural colors.
- Start with a design of a kitchen based on two contrasting tones if you’re willing to add colorful spots to your household.
- If you’re a brave homeowner, pair your dark lower cabinets and an island with the cabinetry a lot lighter in color.
- If you’re open to unconventional solutions, arrange your cabinets and islands in light fruitwood, color the walls in bold bright green, and add a colorful kitchen island of a different color pairing both with the cabinetry and the walls.
Just make sure your flooring is neutral and natural, not to interfere with the general atmosphere in your cooking space.
It’s one of the most popular choices in 2019. Open shelving is a simple, cheap, and convenient solution. Room dividers arranged in the form of open shelves will make your room look more spacious. You’ll have more light, air, and clutter arrangement options. Open shelving is a very cost-effective solution. You don’t have to invest too much in the additional accessories, doors, hooks, and handles. Shelves like these will:
- Help you declutter your living space (however, you’ll have to be neat and orderly);
- Make your room look bigger than it is;
- Improve the lighting in small areas (consider using a built-in lighting system).
However, open shelving implies several problems:
- You’ll have to deal with the cleaning and dusting more regularly than usual;
- Proper maintenance is not the only problem — you’ll have to find out more about how to keep your household stuff properly.
If you have money and patience, you can replace the doors of your kitchen cabinetry and try to arrange the clutter the way you find it convenient. Spend at least a couple of days with the open shelving to understand whether this solution is suitable for you. If you don’t want to deal with the dusting too often, install glass doors on individual open spaces. Excessively cluttered areas can become a burden.
Statement tiles and ceilings are still in the remodeling trends of 2019. Colorful choices, combinations of textures, patterns, and finishes. Being creative and alternative, especially when it comes to the design of your habitual bathroom will improve your well-being. Why? When you wake up, the first room you get in is the bathroom. The color scheme and the combination of textures on the floor will boost up your spirits for the working day or an enjoyable weekend. Consider the following options:
- Quartzite, marble, or river rock have different textures and look natural. Combining them is possible, but you must understand that each of these materials should be installed in accordance with the specific rules;
- If you’re interested in the alternatives that need minimum maintenance and cost little money, try porcelain designed to mimic concrete or natural stone. It won’t look cheap and last a lifetime if you install it properly, and don’t forget about regular maintenance.
There’s nothing much to say about the design of the ceilings, but statement ceilings are still in the list of remodeling trends. Wallpapers, bold colors, moldings, and even fabrics are suitable for the renovation of your existing ceilings. Try the following options:
- Wooden panels for a warm and cozy atmosphere;
- Regular paint (get in touch with one of the local painters if you want to turn your ceiling into a work of art).
Coffered beams help to conceal the drawbacks on the surface of the ceiling — it’s one of the most popular loft solutions of home remodeling trends.